Rental Application Process
Thank you for considering a home or apartment with Crown Properties, Inc.
The application fee is $45 for the first adult and $40 for each additional adult, 18 years and older. This charge covers our cost to run a credit report, criminal background report and to check references to verify credit worthiness. Application fees must be paid in cash or money order only. We cannot accept personal checks for application fees. We do NOT accept comprehensive reusable tenant screening reports.
Please review our list of criteria. The following guidelines are established to ensure all prospective applicants for a property will be treated equally.
Application Requirements and Reasons for Denial
- A separate application from each adult, 18 years and older, must be filled out.
- Verifiable gross income of three times the amount of rent. If you do not meet the income requirement, we will require a qualified co-signer.
- A recent paystub and/or other proof of income.
- At least 3 years of continuous, positive, objective rental history.
- Two forms of valid ID from each applicant and a valid social security number.
- Satisfactory credit. We are unable to approve applicants who owe money to a previous landlord or have an unpaid eviction on their record. We may require an increased security deposit for applicants with less then stellar credit.
- We can not approve applicants with an open bankruptcy. We may approve applicants with one bankruptcy as long as there are no new delinquencies or collections.
- We will not approve applicants and/or household members with felony convictions particularly crimes against persons or property including assault and arson, felony drug manufacturing or delivery, and sexual offences. Crown Properties, Inc. further reserves the right to turn down applicants with multiple misdemeanor convictions.
- False, fraudulent, misleading or withholding of information will result in denial of application.
- All tenants MUST have renter's insurance before they can move into any of our units. In most cases, you can aquire renter's insurance from the same company who provides your car insurance. We also highly recommend Allstate for their extremely reasonable rates, most units will cost no more than $25 a month and will protect both your items in the home in the event of a burglary, fire, flood, etc. and the unit itself in the event of accidental damage! You can contact Allstate directly at (253) 537-5777. Don't forget to tell them we sent you!