Rental Application Process
Thank you for considering a home or apartment with Crown Properties, Inc.
The application fee is $50 per applicant 18 years and older. This charge covers our cost to run a credit report, criminal background report and to check references to verify credit worthiness. Application fees must be paid in cashier's checks or money order only. We cannot accept personal checks for application fees. We do NOT accept comprehensive reusable tenant screening reports.
Please review our list of criteria. The following guidelines are established to ensure all prospective applicants for a property will be treated equally.
Application Requirements and Reasons for Denial
- A separate application from each adult, 18 years and older, must be filled out.
- Verifiable gross income of three times the amount of rent. If you do not meet the income requirement, we may require a qualified co-signer.
- A recent paystub and/or other proof of income.
- At least 3 years of continuous, positive, objective rental history.
- Two forms of valid ID from each applicant and a valid social security number.
- Satisfactory credit. We are unable to approve applicants who owe money to a previous landlord or have an unpaid eviction on their record. We may require an increased security deposit for applicants with less then stellar credit.
- We can not approve applicants with an open bankruptcy. We may approve applicants with one bankruptcy as long as there are no new delinquencies or collections.
- False, fraudulent, misleading or withholding of information will result in denial of application.
- All tenants MUST have renter's insurance before they can move into any of our units. In most cases, you can aquire renter's insurance from the same company who provides your car insurance.